Galileo Information Centre Brazil invites you to join the webinar Global Navigation Satellite Systems: Signal Processing and Navigation Techniques, on Tuesday 28 July 2020 at 2 PM (Brasília time).
About the Event
- Level: Introductory
- Target audience: non-expert students or professionals interested in widening their knowledge in the field of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), and in particular Galileo.
- The first half of the webinar will be tailored to present and discuss signal characteristics and to introduce basic GNSS signal processing. The different multiple access schemes applied for GNSS are discussed and basic signal processing for ranging is introduced. Furthermore, different modulation schemes that are currently being used by different systems are described.
- The second half of the webinar will present a review of the different GNSS positioning techniques. This includes the standalone positioning with code pseudorange (i.e. Standard Positioning Service) and differential positioning with smoothed code (DGNSS). Afterwards, high accuracy navigation techniques using both code and carrier phase will be presented, namely, Real Time Kinematics (RTK) and Precise Point Positioning (PPP).
- The lecture will end reviewing some examples of the commercial services available.
- Felix Antreich – Professor at the Aeronautics Institute of Technology (ITA) in São José dos Campos, Brazil and member of the Graduate Program of Teleinformatics Engineering (PPGETI) of the Federal University of Ceará (UFC) in Fortaleza, Brazil
- Adrià Rovira-Garcia – Serra Hunter Lecturer and Marie Sklodowska-Curie Curie Fellow at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Barcelona, Spain
- Jaume Sanz – Full Professor at the Department of Mathematics at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Barcelona, Spain