The three finalists of Space Pitch 2023, an opportunity for startups to present their businesses to potential investors at SpaceBR Show 2023, will receive a larger award compared to the previous edition. This year, Amazon Web Services (AWS) will distribute US$ 17,500 in credits for the winners to develop projects using the company’s cloud computing services – last year the award was US$ 9,000 – and mentoring sessions .
Awarded startups will be awarded by AWS as follows:
- 1st place: $10,000 in cloud credits + 3 hours of mentoring;
- 2nd place: $5,000 in cloud credits + 2 hours of mentoring;
- 3rd place: $2,500 in cloud credits + 2 hours of mentoring.
The 2023 edition will be held during the SpaceBR Show, between May 9th and 11th at the Frei Caneca Convention Center, in São Paulo. The event is organized by MundoGEO and has the institutional support of the Brazilian Space Agency (AEB).
The finalists will still receive a cash prize in the amount of R$ 5,500 offered by MundoGEO. In addition, startups will earn Space Founder grants and market visibility through disclosure on the MundoGEO portal and webinars.
A committee of experts from New Space and the space economy will make the preliminary selection and a panel of judges, made up of investors, entrepreneurs and ecosystem leaders will choose the finalists. Selected startups will be notified by April 15, 2023. The pitches will have simultaneous translation in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
Registration for Space Pitch has been extended until March 20, 2023 and can be done here: https://spacebrshow.com/en/startups/.
Rules for participation in Space Pitch 2023
- “Startup” refers to an innovative company with high potential for growth and return, working under conditions of uncertainty, and having a repeatable and scalable business model capable of solving a real problem in the space economy.
- “SpaceTech” refers to companies/startups offering products and solutions that can be used for the space industry, hardware and software.
- The registered startup must have operations and registration in Latin America.
- The proposed solution should have a business model with the potential to gain scale (startup model).
- The registered startup must be in the validation, acceleration or structuring phase for raising investment.
- Startups in the idea stage may apply to access the benefits, but will not be selected for the Space Pitch.
- Finalist startups will be required to participate with one or more company representatives in an online event in April 2023 in preparation for Space Pitch 2023.
- The finalist startups must pay their own necessary expenses to take part in the SpaceBR Show 2023 event.
- Space Pitch 2023 presentations must be done in either Portuguese or English.
- The startup is solely responsible for any and all information provided during the Selection Process – including, but not limited to, physical or electronic forms, message exchanges and attachments with the Space Pitch 2023 team. The Space Pitch 2023 organizing team may, at any time, determine the immediate and irrevocable disqualification of the startup, if it verifies the inadequacy of this information or its veracity is not proven, without harm to administrative and judicial measures, in the form of law.
- The data and information submitted and presented by the startups will be used only for evaluation and classification purposes in Space Pitch 2023. By being classified for the final, the startup authorizes the availability of its presentation in MundoGEO’s channel.
For more information: